Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hackensack River: Johnson Park Upriver


View Hackensack Paddle 3/20/11 in a larger map

It was a cold start to a beautiful day. There was  stiff northerly when I arrived at Lauren Hill County Park, with considerable small waves and no real shelter on the stretch near the launch. The water is still very cold, so I headed back to Hackensack and put in adjacent to Johnson Park on S River Street Hackensack.


The tide was rising and I paddled upriver. I had been a little way up the river previously, but today I went a fair distance, up as far as  New Milford Avenue. Following the heavy rains, the river was flowing well, but upriver there was a great number of plastic bags- I guess they will all end up in the ocean and the river drains straight into NY Harbour



Bald Eagle 







No comments:

Post a Comment