Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day Two in Connecticut


View Connecticut, Mattabasse and Coginchaug River Paddle in a larger map


On Sunday of Memorial Day weekend I headed to Middeltown, where I put in at Harbor Park .


I went under an disused railway bridge and then under the Arrigoni Bridge, a substantial road bridge.




I paddled upriver to the Mattabassett River and followed that a short way to where the Coginchaug River enters.





Then, up the Coginchaug for a peaceful paddle.
The rivers were very high, there having been a lot of rain the previous couple of weeks. I passed a few anglers and a couple of kayaks. There were open flooded areas, sort of flooded lagoon, which made it a pretty interesting sort of paddle.

After loading the kayak on the truck I treated myself to a late brunch at on the balcony of the "Canoe Club' a restaurant right on the Connecticut River. It was a good way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment