Monday, January 2, 2012

Pequannock River Jan 1st 2010 _The Ten Minute Paddle



View Pequannock Jan 1st 2012 - 10 minute paddle in a larger map


As waters levels continue be high, I thought I'l try the Pequannock. I found the launch with no trouble. It is on the Three Rivers Trail 
Freedom Park Launch 
This turned out to be a bad idea. As soon as got on the river, from the  backwater that was the launch, I realized the flow was too rapid to allow me to go upstream. As I paddle solo, I always have to be able to paddle back to where I started, so I always begin by going upstream  As you can see by the photo , there was shallow fast flowing water- It would not work. I jumped back in the car and went further south to the Passaic River. ( See Passaic Horseneck Rd -. Bloomfiled Post ) 




No comments:

Post a Comment