Sunday, September 25, 2011

Croton River NY


View Croton River Sept 25th in a larger map


I finally found a boat ramp at Croton on Hudson , and put in about 10:20. The cloud was dispersing and the wind was light. The tide was about  an hour past high tide, and the river had a good bit of flow, but the paddling was still pretty easy as I headed upriver.  The fall colors have just begun, and it was a bit of a shock to realize that . I guess somewhere deep inside I was hoping that summer would never end.


I didn't get far upriver as there were strong rapids, but it was a good paddle. 

Croton River, looking towards the Hudson

Belted Kingfisher


I could probably live here.

This was just about as far as I could go- 





Ducks Deluxe


How's this for a balancing act?  Asleep on one leg. 




Swans in flight

Forster's Gull


The boat ramp - Echo Park 

No comments:

Post a Comment