Sunday, October 16, 2011

Millstone River NJ Oct. 16th 2011


View Millstone River in a larger map


The Millstone obviously reached a high level during the recent floods, there was debris  hanging from trees and way up on the banks. The River as running pretty fast, but was fine for paddling upstream, until I reached the Millstone bridge. There was so much debris under the bridge, I passage was restricted to one very fast flowing channel. Despite my best efforts I was padding furiously , yet was completely stationary in the water. At that point I turned around and headed back to the Weston causeway. Little action on the river. Saw one guy fishing- no bites. I saw a kingfisher, no mammals and one turtle.  I did find a bodiless head (polystyrene that is). . All in all though a good , but short day out. 










No comments:

Post a Comment