Saturday, October 22, 2011

Schuykill River -Philadelphia Oct 22nd .


View Schuykill River Philadephia Oct 21st. 2011 in a larger map




My second day in Pennsylvania, and I headed into Philly. I launched at the boat ramp as the rowing clubs  (crew)  of the city were gearing up for a regatta.  There was a great variety of boats;eights, fours, pairs and singles, all warning up for races later in the morning. I haven't ever seen this sport up close and I had a good chance to observe it as team after team rowed by me. 

Bridges, bridges, bridges.

The paddle was excellent. With the foliage turning and the many bridges, it was a very attractive paddle.




One of the many sculptures along the riverside park 
 I must definitely go back and paddle downstream as far as I can go. There was still much to be seem . Likewise upstream there is a tributary and a couple more miles of river before the next dam. 
Philadelphia skyline 

Great Blue Heron checking gout the Canada Geese

A fish  made from plastic bottles




A most beautiful Wood Duck, the first one I have seen 

Red eared slider

No comments:

Post a Comment