Sunday, March 11, 2012

Passaic River Two Bridges- Upriver




View Passaic Great Piece Meadow Two Bridges -Upriver in a larger map

A cold day,  just below 0C, but there was bright sunshine on the Passaic today and  the first signs of spring were evident. 


Saw one mammal only ( a squirrel!)  Several small birds were active ( another year has come and I still don't know even the most common of forest birds in the US....sigh)  . There was a good flow, so the paddle upstream gave me a good workout. 
I had been on this section late last year, so I spent a lot more time paddling and a lot less time taking photos.  I didn't remember to check my gps when I turned around, so I  really don't know how far I went, but I paddled for just over 2 1/2  hours before returning. It was four hours and 15 minutes total. A good day out. 









No comments:

Post a Comment