Friday, December 30, 2011

Dec 30th 2011 Passaic River Rte 510


View Passaic River 30th Dec 2011 Rt 510 Launch in a larger map




Continuing on my exploration of the Passaic, I put in at Rte 510 and headed south (upstream). There is such a lot of water, complete lakes, which on Google sat pics, show up as grassy areas. So expansive was the water, that I paddled way off of the river channel and ended up at a dead end. I checked on the GPS,  and I was way off course. Even after I turned around and headed back to the channel, I could not make out the southward channel.  As it was, I was not far from yesterday's paddle so I turned around and headed downriver until I gto the Rte 10  Bridge,which was where I had turned around yesterday. I have now completed that section of the river. 
It was much milder today, around 8-9 degrees C. I had one less layer of clothing on top, and manged to complete the paddle without major freezing of extremities. 
I was on the water for about 3 hours. 






Launch

Rte 510 Bridge



Cedar Hill Country Club


Little wildlife, duck and geese; that's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment