Sunday, December 11, 2011

Passaic River - Bloomfield Ave - I280 NJ - Dec 11th 2011


View Passaic River- Bloomfield Ave to I280 12/11/11 in a larger map


Cold ( 3C) , Sunny day , no wind
Launched at Bloomfield Ave. at  a parking lot on the NE side of the bridge.
The water was very high, large lagoons spreading all around. I headed up stream, finishing up at I280- just not exactly where I thought I'd be. There was no bridge - At that point I checked my GPS and saw that I had paddled up a small stream, which, when I checked, was marked on Google Maps as a road. ( I have reported the problem.) I turned around and found the main channel again. Turned around after paddling under the bridge at I280.
I saw kingfishers, a red - tailed hawk, some small woodpeckers - could be sapsuckers -  I forgot the binoculars and camera (doh!).  Used my phone for these few  of pictures.
Launch














No comments:

Post a Comment