Sunday, November 7, 2010

Delaware-Raritan Canal - Kingston Lock to Alexander Ave.



View Delaware-Raritan Canal Kingston Locks to Alexander aAvenue in a larger map
The canal just down river of Kingston Lock.
Milllstone Aqueduct  

There was a lot of bird action on  Lake Carnegie, which I peeked at from the canal. Will definitely go for paddle on the lake  There were a lot of people  around the area, so I will when it gets colder and its a bit quieter.

Mile post 
 A pivoting bridge. This type pf bridge was pretty common in the US from what I can tell. I had never seem one in Australia, but then again we hardly have any rivers, so a broad range of bridges is not that likely. 

Power lines  make this railway  bridge seem much bigger than it really is 





This opens into a small lagoon known as the "Turning Basin" , obviously it was a  turn around point for the barges 










 I took my time today, trying out my new camera, the new Sony A55. I probably should have read the manual before  I started. It seems such a long time ago that I used an SLR camera.  Working with the settings on manual stretched my memory, in relation to f-stops and apertures, and some practice is certainly in order. 
The viewfinder though, is such a delight. I can actually frame things much better; being able to see what one is  shooting at is a great improvement. I never want to use an LCD screen again if I can help  it 


I arrived back at the put in at 3:35.  It took me an hour and a quarter to get home. Yet another great day's kayaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment