Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hackensack River Meadowlands Marshes - Nov 11th 2010

Veteran's Day  and I took off early thinking to start my exploration  out the Passaic, downriver, but the current around Keanery was strong and I didn't feel like too hard a paddle. Not only that but the boat ramp was completely clogged with reeds and garbage.
I headed to the Red Roof Inn Boat Ramp over on the Hackensack, knowing I still had plenty of time.High tide was 12:20 ish and I put in at 10:45.


 I didn't realize that there was a new boat ramp, with excellent facilities right at the entrance to Cromakrill Creek, where there is a never ending array of marsh and small islands. This area was  extensive and lots of fun. The sound of I95 on either side was distant enough to be perfectly bearable.  The wind was breezy early but dropped to a  gentle northerly for the paddle back. In the marshes of course, the wind was barely noticeable.
Boat Ramp - not on GoogleMaps yet but seems to be around the end of Millridge Rd. 















Great wind vane














I love that NJ pride!

Back at the put in around 2:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment